It's an excellent novel in its own right, and I completely understand why it has so many diaspora-novel imitators. It's multi - layered, the writing is very good, and it's only a little bit corny. The diaspora angst is fully realized and genuine, introspective, yet carefully written, to perfectly suit the narrator. I didn't know this would be such a nyc-grounded novel, but it's also a fitting time in my life right now to have read it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
native speaker by chang-rae lee
It's an excellent novel in its own right, and I completely understand why it has so many diaspora-novel imitators. It's multi - lay...
-
When it comes to politically didactic novels, I think this one is quite good because the prose is strong and the main character is intellige...
-
It's the quintessential "adult" book not in sex or gore, but depictions of cynicism and social norms. Short and sparse, but a...
-
Not only is the story uninteresting, but there is basically no inventive or descriptive language, and no emotional impact. Even with how sho...
No comments:
Post a Comment